POSITION : IT Technician DATE: October 2012
DEPARTMENT: Information Services APPROVAL:______
This position is to ensure continuity of computer system services for computer users by providing the technical expertise, assistance, and project coordination necessary to install computer software products, modify/repair hardware and resolve technical problems
1. Assure continuity of the computer system for all system users.
2. Research software products and applicability to organizational environment.
3. Install selected software and hardware products.
4. Repair hardware as necessary and work closely with service vendors to ensure continuity of service’
5. Be well organized and pay close attention to detail.
6. Stay abreast of the latest developments in MIS technology.
7. Be “on-call” for all periods as assigned by manager.
8. Ability to work without supervision.
9. Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
10. Provide technical assistance and advice to users as needed.
11. Assist in implementing practices that will more effectively utilize MIS resources.
12. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Education Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Minimum Experience 2 years experience as a computer technician
Required Courses/Training None
Required Certification/Registration None
Skills Strong interpersonal skill. Ability to work without super-
vision. Creative thinker. Good time management skills.
Physical Demands Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking/sitting. Extended time at computer terminal
Working Conditions Subject to exposure to all environmental hazards associated with clinic and office work