1. Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
2. Maintains competency as defined by hospital and Nursing Service policy and consistent with patient population growth and development considerations.
3. Effectively organizes patient care activities through use of the Nursing process to meet patient/family needs in the context of established work performance and productivity standards.
4. Promptly addresses patient concerns and employs effective problem solving with patient or patient representative.
5. Ensures patient rights and confidentiality are preserved.
6. Maintains clean, orderly, and safe environment for patients, visitors, and personnel.
7. Documents patient care in a timely and appropriate manner.
8. Safely administers medications and treatments as ordered by physician and delegated by the R.N.
9. Maintains current knowledge of medications, medication protocols, emergency treatment protocols and equipment operation.
10. Role models and fosters departmental and interpersonal relations consistent with the organization’s corporate culture expectations, vision and mission.
11. Actively participates in, promotes and fosters staff development and empowerment to ensure education and training needs are identified. Participates in the governance of Nursing Services.
12. Continually seeks new learning opportunities, experiences, and education in order to meet self-development needs.
13. Participates in the development, implementation and monitoring of an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess, and improve the equality of nursing care delivered to patients.
14. Actively participates in discharge planning in cooperation with social Services and other appropriate disciplines.
15. Ensures proper functioning of equipment, adequate levels of supplies and medications. Takes immediate action to report malfunctioning equipment.
16. Performs hourly rounding to include: the five P’s (Potty, Pain, Pump, Position, and Possession).
17. Is immediately responsive to critical patient situations and effectively resolves identified patient care concerns.
18. Perform all other duties as directed.
19. Protect patient privacy by insuring patient charts or items with patient information are not left unattended.
20. Maintains confidentiality of all patient, facility and/or physician related information.
21. Demonstrates attitude of cooperation and professionalism when working.
Minimum Education Current License to practice in Oklahoma as Licensed Practical Nurse
Experience: Previous experience preferred
Required Certification/Registration: Current Oklahoma LPN license or
e-NLC multistate license
Required Certifications: Minimum: BLS
Preferred: ACLS, PALS, NRP
Working Conditions: Are exposed to a variety of healthcare settings, including clinical, office or maintenance environments.
Sitting Occasionally 1-33% 10 % of Working Hours
Walking Continuously 67-100% 80% of working Hours
Standing Continuously 67-100% 20% of working Hours
Bending Frequently 34-66% 30% of working Hours
Squatting Occasionally 1-33% 10% of working Hours
Climbing Occasionally 1-33% 10% of working Hours
Kneeling Occasionally 1-33% 10% of working Hours
Twisting Occasionally 1-33% 10% of working Hours
Lifting 0-50 lbs Frequently 34-66% 30% of working Hours
Lifting 50+ lbs Frequently 34-66% 30% of working Hours
Carry 0-50 lbs Occasionally 1-33% 10% of working Hours
Carry 50+ lbs Occasionally 1-33% 10% of working Hours
Pushing 0-500 lbs Frequently 34-66% 10% of working Hours
Other Requirements: • Subject to electrical and flammable/explosive gas hazards.
• May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases.
• May be in contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances.
• Able to handle emergency or crisis situations.
• May occasionally be subjected to irregular hours.
• May be exposed to respiratory risks and safety sensitive situations.
• May be required to wear protective equipment as necessary.
• Possesses problem solving skills of the type and at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
• Demonstrates good time management and organizational skills.
Visual and Hearing Requirements: Yes–Must be able to see with corrective eye wear
Yes–Must be able to hear clearly with assistance