Mountain Gateway Senior Health
Mountain Gateway Senior Health is a senior treatment program at Eastern Oklahoma Medial Center that focuses on the change patients experience in their emotional or behavioral health over time. These changes may include memory loss from Alzheimer’s disease, strokes or other cause of dementia, depression, mood swings, withdrawal, anxiety and aging adjustments.
Mountain Gateway Senior Health is a 10-bed inpatient unit providing psychiatric, diagnostic and treatment services for patients who are facing the struggles of the aging process. Referrals can come from physicians, healthcare professionals, nursing facilities, assisted living facilities or family members. A confidential assessment can be scheduled at no cost in the person’s home, at the hospital, or in a nursing facility.
If an admission is indicated it will be done under the supervision of Mountain Gateway Senior Health licensed psychiatrist and medical director. The average length of stay is 14 days. Medicare and most major health insurance plans cover qualified patients. These programs can be utilized in assisting clients in maintaining their quality of life. The MGSH offer a unique treatment approach and are staffed by licensed clinical professionals.
- Age 55 or above
- Experiencing difficulty with mood, behavior of thinking
- Severe onset of worsening confusion, disorientation or memory loss
- Severe episodes of crying, tearfulness, isolation, not eating or depression
- Noncompliance with prescribed medicines
- Potential to harm self or others
- Inability to care for self or to attend to one’s normal daily activities
- Problems of coping with stressful situations
- Sudden onsets of hallucinations, delusions or paranoia
- Unmanageable aggressive behavior or agitation
Many of these symptoms have a medical cause and can be treated. That is why Eastern Oklahoma Medical Center established Mountain Gateway Senior Health.
- Assessment and ongoing evaluation
- Group therapy
- Family counseling
- Medication management (as needed)
- Provides a source of interaction with others experiencing similar problems
- Assists clients in coping with recent changes in their life
- Increases self-awareness to help prevent symptoms from worsening
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Professional counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker