Patient Billing Information
- Our staff is trained to follow State and Federal billing guidelines when billing Medicare, Medicaid, and Insurance claims.
- The staff at Patient Financial Services bills primary, secondary, and third party claims.
- Follow up to claims billing is done on a regular basis for all claims.
- Sometimes it does take the involvement of the Patient or the Guarantor to get a claim paid. Unless the Insurance Company notifies us, we try to resolve payment within 90 days.
- At the end of 90 days, depending on the reason for non-payment the account balance can or will be turned over to the patient/guarantor for responsibility of payment.
- Eastern Oklahoma Medical Center takes only Oklahoma Medicaid. We are not contracted with out of state Medicaid programs.
- We are not responsible for billing for the Doctor that treats patients in the Emergency Department at EOMC.
- We are not responsible for billing for the Radiologist that reads any x-ray that is received during treatment at EOMC.
The Uninsured Patient
The Patient Financial Manager and the Patient Financial Counselor determine patients financial needs on a by case basis. Financial Counselors are available to help you with Medicaid applications.
The Hospital has a Financial Assistance Application Program that utilizes Federal Poverty Guidelines to determine Indigent Care for non-elective procedures and emergent diagnostic tests. You must attach the following to all Applications:
- Copy of previous year’s tax return
- Copy of previous year’s W-2
- Copy of your last three (3) consecutive Payroll Stubs
- You will also need proof that you have filed for Medicaid, with a verification of denial
A Financial Counselor visits all Inpatient and Self Pay patients to assist them in their financial needs. Financial Counselors are responsible for collecting deposits and making payment arrangements on patient’s accounts.